The Secretary, ECP, Mr. Ishtiak Ahmad Khan, Chairman NADRA, Mr. Ali Arshad Hakeem, signed the contract at a simple but impressive ceremony.
The following Senior Officers of the ECP and NADRA were also present:
- Mr. Muhammad Afzal Khan, Joint Secretary (Budget)
- Mr. Imtiaz Alam, Joint Secretary (Admn)
- Syed Sher Afgan, Joint Secretary (Elections)
- Mr. Ghias-ud-Din Balban, Joint Secretary (TRE)
- Qazi Khurshid Ahmed, Deputy Secretary (Budget)
- Mr. Tariq Malik, Deputy Chairman, NADRA
- Mr. Gohar Ahmed Khan, Chief Project Officer, NADRA
- Providing prints of draft electoral rolls based on new census block codes
- digitization of changes made during door to door verification process
- Printing of agreed numbers of sets (copies) of preliminary electoral rolls
- Incorporation of changes made during display process and printing of agreed number of copies of final electoral rolls, its binding and distribution.
Thus, under the direction of Chief Election Commissioner, the Election Commission of Pakistan has been making efforts in this regard for the past one year in collaboration with NADRA to prepare fresh, accurate computerized Electoral Rolls on the basis of database of NADRA pertaining to issuance of Computerized National Identity Cards (CNICs) to all citizens of Pakistan, above the age of 18 years.
The Secretary also drew attention to the recently legislated law by the Parliament under which now the CNIC is mandatory condition for registration as well as casting of vote. Door to door verification of over 80 Million electors having CNIC will start from July, 18 and will continue till August 16, 2011.
On behalf of the ECP, the Secretary appealed to all adult citizens of Pakistan to obtain their CNIC from NADRA in order to be able to get registered as a voter as well as to cast their votes. In a democracy, each vote is important as the will of the people is expressed through the ballot.
NADRA & ECP to start Electoral Rolls enumeration