Mr HD Lee, General Manager Samsung Electronics Pakistan and Mian Ahmed Fazil, Director Orient Group were present on the occasion.
Samsung was pleased to have Wateen Telecom as the wireless broadband interment connectivity partner at the launch event of Smart TV.
The TV Units are available in sizes ranging from 22 inches to 60 inches.
Samsung’s Smart TV was introduced to the world in March 2011 and since has sold over 2 million units globally.
This overwhelming success has prompted Samsung to introduce their latest TV series in Pakistan as well.
“Samsung Smart TV delivers the most optimized smart experience, while being faithful to TV’s original features such as picture quality and design. Offering both product convenience and enriched content is the secret behind the success of our Smart TV,” said Mr. Hee Chang Yee, MD Samsung Electronics Pakistan. “We expect that along with D7000 and D8000, our further expanded models will drive up our Smart TV sales in the second half of this year.”The Smart TV D-series features Samsungs ONE design concept providing consumers a virtually frameless TV viewing experience.
It also features an 800Hz CMR (Clear Motion Rate) and improved LED backlight scanning which offers true-to-life 2D, 3D and HD images with outstanding clarity.
It is equipped with an ultra clear panel, 3D HyperReal Engine, built-in Wi-Fi, a personal video recorder, has a built-in HD tuner with one tuner picture-in-picture, it comes with Samsungs Allshare™(Powered by DLNA) for wireless connectivity of other devices to the Smart TV.
The TV, which is Skype™ ready, has Samsung’s Smart Hub “Search All” feature that helps consumers search for their favorite content across the web and other devices connected to the Smart TV and is also enabled with Samsung’s One-Foot connection technology for a hassle-free network setup to wirelessly tether other Samsung devices to the Smart TV series.
With Smart TV, users can enjoy smart tips, smart search, social networking, web browser, and Samsung Apps all via the Smart Hub—a customized user interface.
Samsung Smart Tv Features:
- Wireless Connectivity - Built-in Wi-fi: Connection that allows streaming audio, video, and other computer data across wireless networks. (Note: Wi-Fi is not available in all models)
- Skype™ Enabled: Skype™ on Samsung TVs lets you make video calls from the comfort of your living room. Using the TVs’ remote control, you can create free Skype accounts, log into their existing accounts and navigate via a simple Skype interface accessible on the televisions’ screen. Do a better job staying in touch with friends and family almost anywhere in the world. Calls to other Skype users are often free. Skype camera kit sold separately. (Note: Skype is not available in all models)
- AllShare™ DLNA Networking: Feature that wirelessly syncs a PC and other digital devices to a TV for full screen playability.
- Wide Color Enhancer Plus: Technology that optimizes hues on a TV and expands the color range for a more vivid viewing experience.
- Ultra Clear Panel: Screen technology that brightens colors, enhances contrast, and reduces reflection for optimal TV viewing.
- ConnectShare™ Movie: Technology that enables a user to access camcorder videos and music libraries directly on a TV screen.
- Anynet+™ (HDMI-CEC): Technology that allows one remote to control all digital devices in a home theater/entertainment system.
- Auto Channel Search: Function that seeks out available channels and automatically programs them for easy cycling.
- Auto Power Off: Function that automatically powers down television to save energy if no signal is present.
- Auto Volume Leveler: Function that caps volume on loud advertisements so that they're more consistent with programming.
- HDTV Tuner Built-in: An internal receiver that enables a TV to utilize Digital Television technology.
- V-Chip: Allows parents to block inappropriate movies and programs based upon their FCC rating.
- 4 HDMI Inputs (Rear): High Definition MultiMedia Interface. CEC ensures HDMI components can be controlled by one remote.
- 1 Component Input: Analog video connection that transmits information along two or three separate signals.
- 2 Composite: Analog terminals that transmit audio and video information along a single signal.
- 1 PC Input (D-sub): VGA connection that transmits analog component video signals via 15 shielded pins at the end of a cable.
- 1 PC Audio Input (Mini Jack): Port that allows television to receive high-quality sound directly from a computer.
- 3 USB 2.0 Ports: Universal Serial Bus. Interface standard for connecting peripherals to a computer. USB 2.0 is high-speed.
- 1 Optical Digital Audio Output: Ports used to transmit digital audio streams between components without interference.
- 1 Audio Output (Mini Jack): Stereo port for media players, cameras, and other devices to run audio into or out of the TV.