PTCL is using the most advanced 3G Wireless CDMA Rev A technology, providing data rates of upto 3.1Mbps on download and 1.8Mbps on upload.
Note: Both services / networks (Ufone GSM/GPRS/EDGE + PTCL EVO broadband) will work independently. The EVDO modem of Ufone futura handset is just like any other EVDO modem device. Ufone Futura will use PTCL’s EVDO network only for data services.
Futura has builtin Huawei FP Handset Modem
Connecting Ufone futura's EVO Modem to Computer / Laptop
Windows will detect the new hardware automatically and install a USB Mass Storage Device.
First, make sure your computer has finished starting up before you plug your modem into a USB port. Next, if your modem doesn't automatically run, try plugging it into another USB port.Once the mass storage device has been installed, the installation wizard for the 3G modem.
From the provided Modem Drivers Disc, install the modem drivers by clicking the file “Driver setup.exe” and proceed for the installation process.
After completion of the first setup, a setup screen will pop up with an Upward Arrow Icon. Click the Arrow Icon and wait for few seconds until the modem drivers are installed.
Once the drivers are installed, connect Uth Futura to your Laptop / Computer with the provided USB cable. As soon as the handset is detected on the Laptop/PC, select Modem option from the Uth Futura display screen.
From your Laptop / PC enter Control Panel > Network Connection > Create A New Connection to create a dialup connection for your 3G EVO connection.
From the New Connection Wizard, select “Connect to the Internet”, then “Setup my connection manually”.
Click “Huawei FP Handset Modem” and input the following information:
ISP Name: 3G EVO Connection
Phone Number: #777
User Name: email@example.com
If you are having connection problems
In such cases, check that:
- Your computer meets or exceeds the minimum operating requirements for your operating system (Windows or Mac OS X)
- You are not using any software known to conflict with our modems
- Your USB port is working properly, so that you can plug in your modem
- If you have an anti-virus protection or a firewall, you switch it off when installing your USB modem software or make sure you select 'Allow during installation'
There could be several reasons for this.
- First of all, be sure to have sufficient allowance in your account.
- There might be some issues with the network at a particular time.
- It's also possible that your firewall or ant-virus software is blocking access to the Internet. Or that you've chosen to restrict access from certain sites using parental control.
- Please ensure that you select the Hybrid mode in your EVO settings
- Due to factors such as modem capability, location, distance from communication tower and number of simultaneous users, speed may vary from 3.1 Mbps on downlink & up to 1.8Mbps on uplink
- EVO on this handset only operates on 1900MHz frequency, and will not work on 450MHz frequency; therefore, EVO srvices will not be available in Peshawar and other cities of same frequency
Download drivers for PTCL EVO 3G 3.1 & Nitro 3G 9.3
PTCL’s Evo Wi-Fi connects multiple users
Ufone Futura Mobile Phone with PTCL EVO broadband