Pakistani Startup Releases iPhone App to Help Flood Victims - 100% of Revenue Received by Developer to be Donated to Those Affected
All of the revenue earned by we.R.play through Relief Copter will be donated for the rehabilitation of the Pakistan flood victims. Relief Copter is available on the Apple app store (http://itunes.apple.com/app/relief-copter/id404158691?mt=8).
The app, ‘Relief Copter,’ is a simple game in which users pilot an aid copter in order to drop relief crates accurately in order to progress.
we.R.play partnered with Bangladesh based G4R to develop ‘Relief Copter’ for iOS . The app features 8 beautifully crafted levels depicting the landscapes of Pakistan. More importantly, it also features important facts and photos about the impact of the flood, and the version gives players the ability to share this information and donate to the flood relief effort.
“Through this application we wanted to play a small part in helping the people who lost everything when the floods hit,” said Kamil Waheed, a 17-year old developer with we.R.play, “We hope to remind the world that the flood waters might have receded, but there is still a lot of work to be done to put the millions of lives affected back on track.”
The July 2010 floods in Pakistan covered nearly one-fifth of the region in water and affected more than 21 million people. Over 2,000 lives were lost and damages are estimated to be in the tens of billions of dollars. More information about the July 2010 floods in Pakistan can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Pakistan_floods.
we.R.play is a startup focused on developing casual, fun and artsy games for mobile and social platforms. They also offer art and engineering services to companies looking to develop video games. For more information, visit http://www.werplay.com/.
Pakistan Live News » Pakistan » Pakistani Startup Releases iPhone App to Help Flood Victims [www.werplay.com]
- ► 2012 (169)
- ► 2011 (676)
- Pakistani Startup Releases iPhone App to Help Floo...
- Ufone MyMail: Check Your E-Mail on any handset via...
- Ufone-NADRA Agreement: Utility Bills Payment & e-C...
- Samsung Google Nexus S: Coming Soon in Pakistan [R...
- World’s 1st Smartphone with Dual-Core Processor
- NADRA Signs Agreement with Turkish Company
- Ufone introduces MMS info services
- Pak China - “Optical Fibre Cable System” - [Route ...
- Zong M9 - What’s Your Plan? - www.m9.com.pk
- "3G in Pakistan" – but When? – PTA held a Seminar ...
- Mobilink / Jazz "SMS based Content Catalogue" - Br...
- "Dell Venue" Android 2.2 Froyo Smartphone
- Get Free Balance with Vfone's New Year Offer
- Motorway Police to launch SMS service
- A Chance To Win a Honda City - Jazz Reactivation O...
- "Baba G Kee Predictions" - SMS Service By Warid
- PTCL Offers Lowest International Calling Rates
- Benazir Mobile Phone Banking Service - BISP
- How to pay Wateen bills through easypaisa
- PTCL upgrades customers contact centers
- PTCL Expects 20% Growth With Launch of IMEWE Cable...
- Karachi: Most cell phones snatched in Saddar
- "Nokia Battery Monitor" – Latest Mobile Applicatio...
- Scooterputer PC lets your game on the go
- TalkShawk: Middle East Discount Rate Offer
- NADRA Offers Branchless Banking Solutions
- Scholarships to UET Students by Zong
- Cellular Operators Face-to-Face at KUJ Grand Gala
- SCO / SCOM and Ufone Sign Interconnect Agreement
- Oracle Contributes 400,000 US Dollars for Flood Re...
- Zong to Build More Solar-Powered Cell Sites
- "MotoPad" Android OS 3.0 Tablet by Motorola
- Googlers Visit To Pakistan: Google and YouTube in ...
- Official Google Blog: Trip report: Google and YouT...
- Helicopter | Made In Pakistan
- Gmail in Urdu on iPhone and Android
- New SMS Packages for TalkShawk and Djuice by Telen...
- Telenor doesn’t Support Vimplecom-Orascom Deal
- Inauguration of "Samsung Grammar School" Kasur
- Mobile Users are Abandoning Landline Phones
- Mobilink and Samsung Galaxy Tablet
- Mobilink Twitter Via SMS Service
- World’s Number 1 Best Selling BlackBerry Applicati...
- CNA - Channel News Asia Stream - Watch Live
- all indian tv channels live stream
- iFlash improves lighting on your iPhone pics
- Warid Hourly Package - Rs 3 Per Hour
- BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800 by Ufone
- WiGig - Wireless Speed Redefined
- PTA to Monitor Mobile Operators’ QoS
- wi-tribe introduces endless Broadband internet
- Official Use of BlackBerry – Banned
- Rabta Online - National Rabta Information Portal
- PTCL: IMEWE submarine cable launched for Commercia...
- Mobile Phone Usage Banned in Lahore High Court
- Talkshawk Har Network Offer - 30 Paisa per 20 Seco...
- Ufone Bachat Offer
- Multinet to Deliver Global MPLS IPVPN Services in ...
- K2 Tv Live Web Stream - Watch Online Channel-K 2
- Telenor and TransferTo Partner for International T...
- I-ME-WE Submarine Cable Lunched Cmmercially
- Nokia Siemens Bags 'Best Managed Services Vendor' ...
- World’s Smallest Battery!
- PTCL warns customers of hoax calls
- PTCL stall at 39th National Day of UAE
- Blackberry® CURVE™ 9300 by Warid
- Google unveils Chrome OS Notebook for test scheme
- BTS Towers Allowed in Agriculture & Industrial Are...
- Warid Group SMS
- Samsung Mobile Service Center Opened in Rawalpindi...
- Wi-Tribe Ranked No.1 in Broadband Quality by PTA
- ‘ZONG’ Wins the 3rd Q, with Over 740,000 Subscribe...
- Apple to Release ‘iPad 2′ in April 2011
- Android OS Mobile Eats More Data
- PTCL Bill Alert Service
- Nokia’s ‘Tablet MeeGo’ with ‘Intel Atom’
- Something about Motorola ‘Tegra 2′ Tablet
- ‘iFan’ – Let the Wind Charge your iPhone!
- Google’s Android 3.0 ‘Honeycomb’ to Arrive in 2011...
- WSA-Mobile Winners Conference in U.A.E
- Jazz Jazba - Youth Targted Package by Mobilink
- Make Free Calls from iPhone with Viber
- Google Announces ‘Android 2.3′ & ‘Nexus S’
- Microsoft Pakistan Contest Winner Triumphs Over Ca...
- Teradata Announces 2010 National IT Excellence Awa...
- Jazz Reactivation Offer Free Calls On Weekends
- Evo Nitro 3G Speed Quest 2010
- HTC HD7 mobile phone review
- Amazon removes WikiLeaks from servers
- Nokia X7-00 – Leaked | has 4 Speakers
- BlackBerry 8980 gets FCC’s Approval
- U.S to Disable Mobile Phones in Automobiles
- HTC HD7 by Mobilink
- KHL to Deploy GPON for PTCL
- Telenor organizes National Virtual Leadership Conf...
- The continuous evolution of PTCL under Etisalat Fl...
- Download | PTA Annual Report for 2009-2010
- PTCL Nitro Speed Quest Drag Race
- UPayments | Mobile Banking Solution By Ufone
- Special Incentive Package for PTCL Employees
- Blackberry Kepler 9300 Coming Soon in Pakistan
- Latest Mobile Phones Designed to Extend Battery-li...
- Share with ‘Glide O.S’ without any Barrier
- Mobile Monday Debuts in Pakistan
- Mobilink Offers Prize Bond Results on Phone
- PTA Eyeing a GSMA Award
- Pakistan Tops the Global Charts for WikiLeaks Sear...
- Maxthon 3 – Chinese Internet Browser
- ▼ December (108)