August 3, 2010
TEDx in Lahore
For starters, TED (Technology, Entertainment & Design) is a non-profit organization that has provided a platform through their annual conferences, talks and website for sharing ideas that can bring change in this world. Notable speakers at TED talks over the years have included Bill Clinton, Al Gore, Gordon Brown, Bill Gates and various notable individuals. In addition to TED talks, the movement encourages independently organized events hosted by colleges, communities and people across the world to share ideas worth spreading in their own context. These events are termed as TEDx.
Into it’s second year, we are glad to have another TEDx event happening right here in Lahore on 31st of July 2010. Being supported by the Planning Commission of Pakistan, TEDxLahore 2010 will provide an opportunity for individuals of the highest caliber to express their views and share their ideas for change.
To give you a tentative idea about things to expect at this year’s TEDxLahore, the list of speakers is as follows:
Arif Hasan - An architect, teacher and social researcher.
Dr. Nadeem ul Haque - Head of the Planning Commission of Pakistan.
Omer Sheikh and Jabran Rafique - Super Mappers (Google MapMaker)
Dr. Zeeshan-ul-Hassan Usmani - A researcher on the effects of herd behavior on impulse shopping
Ajmal Kamal - Editor of AAJ journal for Urdu literature
Dr. Asher Hasan – Founder and CEO of Naya Jeevan
Saima Zaidi - Author of ‘Mazaar, Bazaar’ – an exhaustive review of Pakistan’s visual culture.
Rafay Alam - A lawyer & environmental activist.
Mudassir Zia - Founder & President of Message Welfare Trust.
Beena Raza and Noor Zehra Kazim - Artists, Sitar players and teachers.
Dr. Aamir Khan - Epidemiologist, founder and Executive Director of IRD since 2004.
Zubair K. Bhatti - Ex-DCO Jhang & The Asia Foundation’s Director of Programs, Pakistan.
Dr. Tariq Rehman - Professor of Sociolinguistic History & specialist on Language Change.
You can find a detailed profile of all the speakers here, which will be more than enough to increase your excitement & eagerness to be a part of TEDxLahore as a present or virtual audience this year.
Let’s all look forward to what TEDxLahore brings for everyone on 31st of this month. Till then, keep following…
Live Viewing Parties: (click for more details)
Karachi – T2F
Islamabad – Civil Junction
Den Haag (The Hague) – Pakistan House
Via Metblogs Lahore
- ► 2012 (169)
- ► 2011 (676)
- Telenor Receives Rs. 68 Million from DTAC Thailand...
- LG Launches Andriod-Powered Optimus Smartphone
- GMail Priority Box Predicts and Sorts Your Importa...
- Mobilink (Jazz) Gives Away 3 Cars and Air-Tickets
- Google Realtime Search Launched
- Smartphones will Soon Replace Credit Cards
- Telecom Sector to Spend Rs 2.3bn on Infrastructure...
- Sharp Launching 3D Smartphone
- PTA Checks Power Levels Of Mobile Towers
- wi-tribe Employee Flood Relief Drive
- EasyPaisa launched ‘International Home Transfer’
- How to Use Internet on BlackBerry Without BIS Acco...
- Warid and Seven Other Singtel Networks Working on ...
- NetSol Re-Appraised at Maturity Level 5 of CMMI V ...
- Nokia 5250: Nokia announces a new Symbian^1 device...
- TweetDeck Android v0.9.5 Beta 5 Released
- Uplaod and Share Your Images in High Quality With ...
- Real-Time Face Tracker Application (Demo)
- Another Tata Nano car catches fire
- Free after 1st Minute: Jazz Bemisaal Ramadan Offer...
- Survey to Check Power Emission From BTS Conducted ...
- PTCL Reports Net Profit Rs. 9.29 Billion for FY 09...
- Google brings voice to Gmail with free calls
- First cyber police station opens in india
- PTA Contributes Rs. 200 Million for Flood
- wi-tribe Launches Social Media Bar for Easy Browsi...
- Mobile Handset Import Bill Up 100%: FBS
- Call to Phone from Your Gmail
- TSF Deploys Free Phones in Flood Hit Areas
- Djuice: Call Free After 2 Minutes
- Broadband Subscribers Hit 0.9 Million Mark
- Telenor TalkShawlk 5 Paisa Offer
- Mobilink Roaming Offer for Umrah
- Warid Song Search and Caller Tunes
- Pay PTCL Bills at Ufone Customer Services Centers
- PM Urges PTA to Ensure Telecom Reconstruction in F...
- Telenor Pk Management Volunteered Flood Relief Act...
- Telecom Sector Suffered Rs. 1.8 Billion Loss in Fl...
- Zong’s Free Phone Allows Flood Victims to Call for...
- Ufone WAP Gaming Portal
- Robot to drill into Great Pyramid mystery
- Orascom Campaigns to Raise Funds for Pakistani Flo...
- KASB Bank Automates its Reporting Chart of Account...
- Mobilink Jazz Announces Rs. 1 Crore Winner
- Telenor, Zong Complete 62 Solar Powered Sites
- Aftab Iqbal Joined Jang Group and Geo Television N...
- Universe will probably be expanding forever: Resea...
- Windows Live Essentials 2011 beta 2 available now
- GREY Trafficking: Senate Body Directs PTA to Take ...
- Acer Appoints Adnan Siddiqui as Brand Ambassador f...
- PTCL Report For The Quarter & Nine Months Ended Ma...
- Made in China Fake Phones – What is The Reality ?
- Ufone ICON Handset (Now at Low Price)
- Nokia C7 – Combining E With N
- Wide Angle Phone Camera Lenses
- Scientists demonstrate fighting technique of pre-h...
- Upcoming Dell Thunder
- Samsung Launches Durable Adventure Cameras
- Mobilink Reaches Out to More Than 38,000 Flood Vic...
- Pakistanis Send 106 Billion Text Messages a Year
- PTCL Islamic Portal Service
- Review:New Nokia X3-02(leaked Photo)
- August 14 video from Zong
- Can Google Be Motorola's Rescuer?
- Mobilink: Indigo Ramadan Offer
- Shark-like boat runs underwater and jumps 12-feet ...
- Rising Competition Ceased the Growth of Wireless S...
- Nokia Debuts Touch and Type Design With Nokia X3
- PTCL Broadband Ramadan Offer
- Geo: Inaam Ramzan Watch Live WebCast
- Oracle sues Google over alleged use of Java in bui...
- Zephyr Solar Plane lands after setting flight reco...
- One lie-in at the weekend not enough to counter sl...
- TelenorPk and CMPak Completed 62 Solar Powered Sit...
- Free Minute Per Minute: Ufone
- Warid Launches Video Portal
- Mobilink Signs Acision for Expanding its Messaging...
- Ufone Reactivation Offer - Win Free Minutes and SM...
- PTCL Suffers Rs 2.5 Billion Loss Due to Floods
- Orient Gets Distribution of Transcend Products in ...
- Samsung Applications Gaining Popularity
- Ramadan Hourly Package By Warid
- PTA Federal Excise Duty on Telecom Services
- Telenor Karo Mumkin
- Mobilink Jazz Reactivation Offer
- Warid SIM Jagao Offer / Package
- Pakistan Tele Density Market Grew by 2.2 Percent
- Youth Senate of Pakistan
- Pictures of Mecca Clock in Saudi Arabia
- PTCL Launches 9.3 Mbps EVO Nitro Device
- Jazz Ramadan kay Paigham
- Wateen Launches "Wateen Information Portal"
- wi-tribe's "Mera Pehgam Pakistan"
- Happy Independence Day - PAKISTAN ZINDABAD
- Warid Introduces My5
- Pakistan Has More CNG Vehicles and Stations Than A...
- Qubee Doubles Bandwidth Limits During Ramadan
- Intel Donates Classmate PCs to Students
- Karo Mumkin Show; Starting Today
- Djuice Kuch Kar Dikha!
- 'Madinay Ko Jao" by Dunya News
- World’s largest clock starts ticking in Saudi Arab...
- Warid's 786-ISLAMIC SERVICE for Ramadan
- ZONG's RAMADAN Value Added Services
- Ufone Ramadan Portal
- Jazz Ramadan Special Offer
- PTCL's Ramadan Offer!
- Celco is Restoring Network in Flood-hit Areas: PTA...
- Warid Donated Rs 800,000
- Ramadan Mubarak
- Samsung Ramadan Campaign for SOS village
- Warid Officially Announces Call-Block-9211
- PTCL Cautions Customers Against Tricksters
- Vfone Grand Recharge
- Ericsson-PTA Mobile Excellence Award 2010
- ZONG's Ramzan Value Time Offer
- Ufone's "Shukria Pakistan"
- Nokia has announced the launch of Ramadan Mobile A...
- PTA: Telecom Infrastructure Affected in Khyber
- Samsung Opens Service Center in Rawalpindi
- Jazz SMS Eid Khazana!
- Ufone BlackBerry Bold 9700 Smartphone
- Telenor Pakistan Receives Best Place to Work Award...
- PTCL-SmartTv with Rewind Feature
- Jazz Reactivation Offer - Mibilink Jazz
- Speed Boost with Wi-tribe!
- Telenor Pakistan pledges Rs100 Million for Flood A...
- Watch Awaz Tv Live Online Stream | Pakistan
- A Salute to Pak Army–Pakistan Army evacuates 14250...
- Ufone CEO Nominated for ‘CEO of the Year Award’
- PTA: "3G To Be Launched Soon"
- Google Earth Scrutinizes Pakistani Govt.'s Land
- PTCL - Landline Lucky Draw Promotion
- Find Your Phone Number or Package - (How To)
- Warid to Launch Call Block Service-9211
- Watch Dawn News | Pakistan | Live Online | Stream ...
- INTERESTING FACT ABOUT AUGUST 2010
- Ufone brings Mobile Magazine
- Two Numbers In One Sim-Ufone Double Number Offer
- Jashn-e-Azadi 2010 (14-August) National Songs | V...
- Aftab Iqbal's Hasbe-e-Haal | Dunya News | Hasbe-e-...
- Geo News Pakistan ( Web | Radio ) Live Online | St...
- TEDx in Lahore
- Online Broadcast | Streaming | Broadcasting | Live...
- Car Accidents Due To Cell Phone Use While Driving
- Nokia Mixed Reality
- Dawn News Pakistan Launches Mobile News Applicatio...
- First Android Phone In Pakistan - Milestone By Mob...
- Hacker builds $1,500 cell-phone tapping device
- Zong Adds More Cities to its Location Based Chargi...
- More From Dunya News Tv Pakisan Alif Noon upcoming...
- Pakistan Independence Day 14 August 2010, Countdow...
- ▼ August (153)